How many of multitask?
I do and it’s one hell of a difficult thing to do for me .
I have around 8 projects which I work on simultaneously along with that I provide consulting to a couple of businesses for Social Media and e-Commerce business development and it becomes very difficult for me to manage as to which project do I have to work on for the day, there have been times when I end up just browsing my Facebook account and dozing off.
NEVER DO WHAT I HAVE DONE.
It’s high time that I manage my work and set priorities to the projects and make a step by step plan for each and every project.
I have had heated arguments with my Family, My Girlfriend as well my partners and faced music from my Clients as well.
I seriously don’t want it anymore and if you are also going through the same phase, this is what I would strongly suggest you to do.
- Stop being the Lazy ass you are :- Yes accept it. You are a lazy ass and you have to stop being one if you want to success in your Personal and Professional Life.
- Write Down all the Projects you have to work on :- Sit down and write it down, all the projects that you are working on along with the ideas and strategies that you have for it.
- Allot specific time for it and stick to it :- Now order them in the form of importance, and start and give a Deadline to each of the project and also specify the targets for them if you have any.
- Stalk yourself to Finish the Project :- Now comes the tough part, everything is ready, the list, the time frame, targets, strategies and what not but how the hell will you keep yourself focused to stick to it?, Stalk yourself, set reminders in Google Calenders, Write it down on the White Board in bold letters, post stick notes on your PC, Laptop or Working Space and every possible place that your five senses can reach.
- If you miss it , you are Screwed buddy :- Punish yourself or ask your Friends/Mom/Girlfriend(she would love this) to do that if you miss the Target/Schedule or you are late from the given time.
- You have something called as Personal Life too :- I get this one liner a lot from my Dad, he always tells me that you do have a Family spend time with them too, so put that in your schedule too (Psst…take out time for that special one as well warna chod ke bhaag jayegi ).
- Be true to Yourself :- In the end all you can do is be true to yourself , because finally that’s what matters, no one or nothing can force you to do something or stick to something until and unless you stick to it. So be honest to yourself. If you miss a day when you are not able to spend time with your Family do apologize, don’t take them for granted please.
I hope you find this helpful to set your priorities and work back on track. If you think i have missed a point or two, do share it in comments.